Virgin Health Bank
Virgin Health Bank was developed to meet the needs of families
in Qatar who are considering banking their baby’s cord blood
stem cells and want the support of an ethically motivated
organisation committed to delivering high quality service.
- We empower families to make informed decisions about storing their baby’s cord blood stem cells by providing them with accurate and honest information and do not pressure them into buying our services.
- We have partnered with Hamad Medical Corporation’s Women’s Hospital, Al Ahli Hospital, Doha Clinic and Al Emadi Hospital and work closely with their physicians and nurses to ensure best practice cord blood collections.
- The Supreme Council of Health for the State of Qatar has granted Virgin Health Bank the first and to date only licence for cord blood banking in the country.
- Cord blood stem cell banking is permitted under Islamic law and there several fatwas supporting cord blood banking.
- Human Tissue Authority (HTA) has now published its cord blood guidance for parents.